The Guzzi Project *2
I’m now half way through stripping it, but because just about every nut and bolt is seized in its taking some doing and a lot of grinding discs!
I’m not going to tune the engine particularly, i’ll lighten and balance what i can, skinny some bits down where possible, but what i’m interested in at the moment is getting it as light as i can, then the few horsepowers it has can be used more effectively.
I’ve ordered an alloy tank, seat, mudguards and side panels for it from John Williams and spoken to Racefit about a titanium exhaust system, which will cost more than the bike is worth! But if i seriously want it as light as possible its the only way to go.
Everything i’ve managed to get off it so far is in a poorly state, all three callipers for instance have had the bleed nipples snapped off and a screw inserted to stop them leaking, and on one of them one thread to hold the 2 halves together looks like its been drilled out and retapped off centre. Everything is like that, it was running a year ago, but by gum i wouldn’t have wanted to be on it! only one set of brake pads had any friction material left on, the other 2 were down to the metal.