Yamaha R1 titanium wheel spindle set
Just finished a set of titanium spindles for an R1, just in the nick of time too, all the steel stuff i did earlier in the week made me feel unusual! its good to be back home with what i know and love.
So these came out really well, good tollerences and bored nice and straight. They are BIG. The only modification on the OEM ones is the swinging arm spindle, i bored it 13mm all the way through and put a 20×1.5 thread on rather than the original 18mm (so i could bore 13mm through the thread end. Without this i’d have seriously struggled to get 13mm all the way down without it wandering off too far. The nuts i tinkered with a bit, I made flanged nuts as opposed to the original plain nuts, but am supplying thin washers to go behind as well, the combined width of my nuts and washers is the same as the original combination.
Weight saving on the whole set is 543g! not bad to say the originals are skinny’d down nearly as far as they will go.
Forgive my phone, my ‘smart’ phone turned out to be pretty dumb, its was great for doing everything apart from making phone calls, at which it failed miserably, so i’ve resurrected my good old faithful.